VERO MODA is a women’s clothing brand within the BESTSELLER Group. The below description of the position relates to the retail operations of VERO MODA in Canada.
Job Overview :
The Store Performance Manager (SPM) is responsible and accountable for the achievement of sales, costs, and general store performance indicator targets as set by the VERO MODA leadership team. Reporting to the General Manager VERO MODA Retail Canada, the SPM manages all aspects of the stores’ performance and administrative requirements within their territory.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Weekly review of store scheduling, reporting, and performance indicators with the Store Manager;
• Monitor costs related to in-store variable expenses (transfers, staffing, promotions, etc.);
• Coordinate required signage and promotional activities to promote sales;
• Coach sales associates and store management to achieve desired store objectives;
• Consolidate store performance onto SPM Balanced Scorecard linked to Corporate Strategy;
• Lead the sales goals achievement, staff cost reduction achievement, and general in-store performance objectives;
• Contribute to social media postings related to their territory (Facebook / Instagram / Blog, etc.);
• Ensure all administrative information is collected from the store manager for all employees (hiring, termination, employee benefits, training & policy signing sheets, inventory management, etc.;
• Coordinate the recruitment process for in-store staff;
• Responsible for the annual talent review s of Store Managers and coordination of Talent Reviews of Store Management (Assistant Managers / Visual Managers)
• Ongoing follow-up on employee development, performance, and coaching.
Experience & Qualifications (competencies) :
2-5 years’ experience in store management;
Good standing track record of consistent sales and store performance indicators achievement;
Fashion merchandising degree an asset;
Business degree an asset;
Experience in coordinating marketing events and promotions;
Experience in managing employees directly with focus on coaching and development;
Bilingual written and oral (French & English).
Characteristics and personality traits:
Passion for retail environment;
Eye for fashion and local market knowledge of retailers;
Has a good business acumen and is willing to develop in a corporate approach;
Must be able to travel locally to different stores (posess a valid drivers’ license);
Good positive attitude;
Ability to reinforce positive behaviors and to address negative behaviors;
Strong sense of ethical behavior and act as a corporate ambassador for BESTSELLER;