Sales Floor Leader
At Jean Machine, our vision is to be the first choice for high quality jeans and casual fashion in every market we serve. If you have a passion for denim, if you have your finger on the fashion pulse, and you are ready to start your career in retail management then we want you to be a part of our management team. In this position you will work closely with Store Management and Sales Associates ensure the highest level of customers service is provided at all levels of the store including: sales floor, fitting rooms, and cash. This is a junior supervisory role within the store where you will be responsible for opening and closing procedures and be a part of the sales leadership team.
Reports to: Store Manager
Key Job Function and Accountabilities
- Lead by example and act as the Team Leader in the Store Manager’s/Assistant Manager’s absence
- Open and Close the store as required
- Promote total customer service in a friendly way and as the most important consideration in every transaction
- Provide highest level of customer service utilizing the “Steps of Selling”
- Responsible for personal budgets and maximization of sales in compliance with company policies
- Prioritize, plan and organize courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Maintain open communication with the Store Manager
- Under direction of the Store Manager, keep records of associate sales performance
- Partake in developing the sales team to take on roles of higher responsibility
- Provide positive feedback and recognition to associates for a job well done
- Address poor performance and recommend corrective action to the manager when necessary
- Maintain neat, organized and well stocked sales floor
- Develop and maintain product knowledge
- Ensure merchandise is properly ticketed and attractively displayed
- Ensure special order, recalls and transfers are handled efficiently
- Responsible for adherence to all loss prevention, security policies and credit policies and procedures
- Responsible for accuracy of P.O.S transactions
- Ability to read reports and follow detailed directives
- Experience and understanding of visual merchandizing directives
- Conform to the company’s dress code and presents an image that is consistent with the Jean Machine brand
- Able to use a ladder and lift boxes containing product between 1-30lbs
- Able to work Holidays, weekends, evenings and some overnight shifts as necessary
- Passionate: We love what we do and it shows.
- Collaborative: We work together towards a common goal – in a positive and respectful way.
- Accountable: We know what is expected of us and are focused on keeping our commitments to our customers, our partners and each other.
- Innovative: We take the initiative and inspire each other to be unique, creative and do things better, all in support of our Vision.
Minimum 1 year of full time retail clothing sales
Education: high school or equivalent
Other qualifications: excellent communication skills, service-oriented, team player.
Your Career @ JM:
The Jean Machine family is a group of talented and driven individuals who love what they do- Selling denim! Our success in the Canadian retail community for over 30 years has been based on our core belief in superior customer service. Jean Machine believes in offering our employees opportunities for professional growth, skill development and career advancement in a relaxed and fun working environment. Jean Machine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Signature:________________________ Date:_________________________