Supervisor/Lead – STOCK
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager-Stock
Position Overview: Supervisor/Lead – Stock
The Supervisor/Lead – Stock assists in overseeing all back of house activities in the store, including the shipment processing and markdowns. The Supervisor/Lead – Stock assists in driving profitability through efficient inventory management processes and practices as well as all back of house organization and replenishment of the sales floor. Supervisor/Lead – Stock partners and works closely with the visual and merchandising team on new deliveries and floor remerchandising opportunity.
- Provides a great customer service experience through leading by example, compelling merchandising standards and a well trained team.
- Handles customer complaints and resolves them in a timely matter.
- Adheres to brand standards, company policy and procedures and ensures operational efficiencies.
- Communicates success opportunities and solutions to the Assistant Manager-Stock.
- Assists in analyzing business opportunities and creates short term and long term strategies to maximize sales opportunity in partnership with the Assistant Manager-Stock.
- Keeps team focused on priorities and communicates clear objectives.
- Assists in ensuring that the backroom team accomplishes daily priorities and workload.
- Timely and accurate receiving of product deliveries.
- Daily store walkthroughs to determine replenishment opportunity.
- Assists in setting, monitoring and following-up to ensure productivity to maximize sales opportunity.
- Ensures markdowns are processed correctly and merchandised effectively as per standards and direction.
- Assist in the accurate processing and filing of all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensures damages and defectives are processed as per company standards.
- Opens and closes the store as per operational standards and guidelines.
- Assists in developing a high performing team through consistent training, coaching and monitoring of performance.
- Assist in assessing and monitoring talent in partnership with the Assistant Manager-Stock build and deliver proper level of training.
- Takes action on poor performance and resolves conflict.
- Creates a climate of trust, professionalism and respect within the team.
- Assists in retaining talent through motivating, recognizing and development of the team.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in training, sales generation and leadership of functional teams.
- Demonstrates ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Can accurately assess teams and situations to create actionable development and improvement plans.
- Demonstrates ability to coach, provide feedback, and manage substandard performance.
- Excellent communication, presentation, delegation, follow-up and leadership skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Visual merchandising skills.
- Business acumen.
- One-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, and maneuver around sales floor and stockroom.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening and weekend shifts.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Associate may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company